The Beginings of a New World

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Beginings of a New World

Post by seaa-swix on March 21st 2011, 12:40 pm

First Day

Isaac reached for the belt on his waist. Three balls were attached in the nylon straps. One was of normal colors, one half of the ball was white and the other half was a bold red. Next to that one was a darker ball. Like the one next to it, this ball was white on the lower half, but on the top the ball was black with two parallel gold lines. The third ball was a blue ball with black netting patterns on the top side and white lower side.

The trainer smiled knowing he would be safe from any harm; it was a little harder convincing his mother.

"I want you home every weekend, do you hear me? Every weekend. Do you have your items packed with you. Oh yes, you do," she rattled on. Isaac rolled his eyes and slung his pack over his shoulder. His mother grabbed for a sandwich and a water bottle from the fridge.

"Here, take these. And don't skip any meals!" she demanded as she thrust the two objects in his hands. Isaac felt great joy leaving the nervous clutches of his mother, but a part of him was sad that he was leaving his childhood home.

Multiple memories rushed in his vision. Years speed and the numerous Pokémon had been in this household. His father's Lucario sat meditating in the open sun filled patio. His mother's two Torchics bumbling about while their mother Blaziken sat watching her chicks spout fire at each other. Isaac remembered the day his young Riolu met the buzzing Torchics; they became friends instantly. Isaac's mother's business of raising Pokémon introduced Isaac to a threshold of new Pokémon. Many types of Pokémon passed through this house, but Isaac still loved his team.

"Oh, I wish your father was still here to witness this," his mother pouted as tears began to well up in her eyes. His father and his trusted companion, a male Lucario, were killed in a freak accident in the mines south of their home.

"Ah mom," Isaac whispered as he wrapped his arms around his bubbling mother. Her tears began to soak into his shirt as she wailed on and on. "It will be okay. You have your Pokémon. You'll never be alone."

Sniffling, she stood up and smiled weakly. "You're right," she murmured. "You have your father's charm," she paused for a second, "and smarts. You'll be just fine." she said to make herself feel better. Isaac nodded his head and leaned in for one more hug before he left to start his new venture.

Isaac sighed a breath of relief as he traveled up the road to the next town. Twenty minutes after he started walking be became lonely, so he decided to release a friend. Reaching for the first poke ball, he pulled it from its strap and released the Pokémon. Standing before Isaac was a Riolu.

Chattering to himself, the Riolu looked back and forth curiously to his surroundings. Trees were waving in the gentle breeze. Wild Pokémon nibbled on the open grasses beside the well beaten path.

Isaac knelt down to the curious Pokémon, "Are you ready for this," Riolu looked sternly to his master and gave him a quick nod. "Well, let's get going then," Isaac said and stated down the road again.

They walked down the road together for several hours. Isaac rambled on about his mother being over protective and that he couldn't wait to get out of there. Riolu merely listened and walked by his master. He was trying his best to understand the human nature of this relationship, but he struggled with it greatly.

"And then she mentioned dad," Isaac paused in his rant. He looked to his listening buddy who was staring back at him. Isaac's father and Riolu's father had been partners for years. When Isaac was first born, his dad had won against the Elite Four with his Lucario and Machoke. But with his new family, he knew his days of adventure were over, so he his wife and new baby boy settled in a small town in Sinnoh called Oreburgh City.

Just this year, their dads went to the mines like they always did, but the mines collapsed killing every one inside. 26 humans and 47 Pokémon were killed in the accident. The mines were closed off with a memorial, honoring all those who died together that day.

"It hurt me too, bud," Isaac whispered as they continued to walk. Riolu chirped and hung his head. Together they walked in silence to the next city.

Eterna City loomed ahead, which brought the spirits of the two adventures above sea level. People rushed from building to building as they finished their shopping. Kids and small Pokémon scattered the streets playing.

"Cute little town, huh?" Isaac asked the awe-struck Riolu. Neither one had been outside of Oreburgh City, but Isaac and Riolu remembered the stories his father told them of the many beautiful cities that dotted the Sinnoh area and the numerous Pokémon that lived peacefully between the cities.

"Well, let's find something to do," Isaac told Riolu. Anxious Riolu clung to Isaac's pant leg. Smiling, Isaac picked him up and tucked Riolu under his arm and walked deeper in the city.

Isaac did his best not to bring attention to himself, so he walked in silence down the street. Slowly, the sun started to set in the west, so he knew he would have to find a place to stay some where. Up a head was a old and tattered signed that said 'otel'. Chucking to himself, he followed to sign to a small house on the northern end of town. The white paint had started to peal from the old wooden fixtures. Lights from the inside were beginning to turn on, one by one as it was becoming too dark to see inside the house. From the porch an almost matching sign hung reading 'Hotel'. A white picket fence outlined the structure and held a nibbling ponyta in its confines. Riolu looked u p to his master with a warm smile and nodded his head.

"Alrighty," Isaac sighed and knocked on the old wooden door. Slowly, the door creaked open and a tiny old woman stood smiling in the doorway. Her old grey hair was pulled back into a tight bun at the back of her head. She wore a faded peach button down shirt with a long grey pleated skirt. She wore a dirtied apron that covered the majority of her front.

"Good evening," she said sweetly. "How may I help you?" Isaac smiled. She somehow reminded him of his own grandmother.

"Hello, I was wondering if my Riolu and I could stay here tonight?" the lady smiled even harder and stepped away from the doorway.

"Come, come," she said. Nervously, Isaac stepped past the door. Riolu began squirming in his master's hold. "Of course you can stay here. My name is Myrtle Johnson. But you can call me Myrtle," she said.

"My name is Isaac Justi," he said as he struggled with Riolu some more.

"Oh, put that rascally fella down, he can't hurt anything. Ziggy, come in here," Myrtle called. Isaac obeyed her and set wormy Riolu on the ground. Cautious, he sniffed the air before exploring the new sites.

"Riolu! Come back here!" Isaac demanded, but Riolu's curiosity got the best of him so he ignored his master's wish and ventured to the upstairs.

"Let him be," the old woman giggled, "Come to the Kitchen, I just finished making dinner. Please join me," Myrtle smiled. Isaac didn't have the heart to tell her no, so he followed her to the kitchen. Several smells drifted to his nostrils. Freshly cooked potatoes smothered in a beef gravy. Roast beef was dressed with carrots celery slices and onion shaving. Looking at all of this marvelous food made his mouth water.

"Please, sit," she said as she pulled out a chair. Curled up on the seat was a purring Glameow.

"Shoo! You lazy cat!" Myrtle scowled. The Glameow looked up in alarm before leaping from the chair and running away. Quickly running, the Glameow wasn't paying any attention and ran straight into a long Linoone. The Linoone took the blow well, but the startled Glameow bounced back a couple of feet before standing up and running away again.

"There you are Ziggy," Myrtle whispered as she served her guest a steaming plate of mashed potato, gravy and a chunk of the roast beef. "This is my very first Pokémon, Ziggy," Myrtle explained as she set the plate down in front of Isaac and turned to get herself a plate. "Is the Riolu your first Pokémon?" she asked as she dished herself a plate. Isaac nodded his head and picked up a fork from the table.
i
"Riolu was given to me by my father. I've got two more , which where gifts from my family," Isaac explained, but he couldn't get his father from his head.

"And what are they?" Myrtle asked as she sat down with Isaac.

"A Poochyena and a Trapinch," he answered simply.

"Quite a team you'll have," Myrtle observed. Isaac nodded his head awkwardly. Together they ate a couple of bites of their food before an unexpected knock sounded from the front door.

"Oh! More company!" Myrtle exclaimed as she went to answer the door. Isaac ate in silence for a minute before he heard Myrtle squeal. Alarmed, Isaac stood up from the table and joined her in front porch. Two men dressed in deep purple outfits had trapped Myrtle against the wall.

"Hey!" Isaac shouted in a deep tone. The two men turned to Isaac.

"Who is this Myrtle?" one man asked. The other reached for a poke ball from his belt and released a Pidgey. The bird Pokémon screeched for a second before expanding its wings in front of its master. Isaac stepped back in fear. Hearing the commotion downstairs, Riolu dashed to the edge of the stairwell. Seeing Isaac threatened pushed Riolu into instant defense mode. Quickly, Riolu dashed down the stairs and placed himself between Isaac and the 'not so tough' looking Pidgey.

"Nice looking Riolu, you've got there," the attacking bully noted. Isaac balled his fist and Riolu growled at him.

"Pidgey, Quick attack!" the bully commanded.

"Riolu, Force palm!" Isaac shouted. The Riolu stood his ground. The Pidgey ran straight for Riolu, beak first. Riolu took the blow the Pidgey inflicted, but before it could get out of range, Riolu took his paw and slammed it in into the Pidgey's neck causing it to fall to the ground. Slowly standing, Pidgey shook its head, ruffled its feathers and squawked at its foe.

"Riolu, Quick Attack! Now!" Isaac commanded.

"Pidgey, Wing Attack!" the bully shouted over Isaac.

Riolu dashed quickly to the bird and rammed his shoulder into the bird sending its across the room. Before Pidgey hit the wall, it caught its self in mid air and dove for Riolu. Stopping just inches from Riolu, Pidgey began to fiercely beat it's wing's in Riolu's face. As the Pidgey withdrew from Riolu's sight, Riolu fell to his knees panting. It had obviously taken quite a blow from the Pidgey.

"Riolu, you can do this!" Isaac shouted, "Use Counter!" Riolu looked up to the smug Pidgey with determined eyes.

"Pidgey, Wing Attack again! Lets send this kid and his Riolu crying to his mommy!" the bully mocked. Riolu and Isaac growled in unison as the Pidgey dove for Riolu's face once more. Pidgey tried its best to strike the Riolu as hard as it could. Giving Riolu the final blow, Pidgey hovered back a little. Riolu smiled devilishly as he took his paws and began to beat the Pidgey in the chest with double the force. After nine or ten swings at the Pidgey, Riolu gave it one more sing, knocking the Pidgey to the ground. Riolu panted laboriously as the Pidgey picked its self up form the ground.

"Come on Riolu! I know you can finish this off by your self!" Isaac coached. "Use Quick Attack!"

"Pidgey, Wing Attack!" the bully shouted. Before the Pidgey could even get its body off the ground, Riolu had already charged the bird into the ground. As Riolu stood from his opponent, it was apparent the bird was not going to stand.

"Pidgey, get up!" the bully demanded. The bird made no response. "Pidgey?" the bully asked in a whinny tone and started to approach the bird. Riolu stood over it and snapped at the approaching human.

"Stand down Riolu!" the bully demanded. Riolu growled and pointed to Myrtle who was looking to them in awe. The bully blocking her way stepped aside and Myrtle rushed behind Isaac and Riolu.

"There!" the bully shouted. "Give me my Pokémon!"

"Riolu, here," Isaac proudly told Riolu. Riolu growled once more and stepped back.

"Here," the other bully said as he tossed a wad of cash to Isaac. "It's for your troubles." Quickly the losing bully scooped up his fainted Pidgey and hurried out the door after his companion. Myrtle hurried to the heavy door, closed it behind them and locked the door. Riolu's knees began to wobble, but before he collapsed Isaac caught his body.

"You did good little buddy, you did good."

"Here, bring him upstairs, we'll let him sleep," Myrtle said as she rushed up stairs. Isaac picked up Riolu and cradled him. Isaac, then slowly walked up the stairs, doing his best not to bump Riolu any more.

"In here," Myrtle called from an empty bedroom. She had already turned down the sheets to a king sized bed. "Put the little hero here," she said patting the bed. Isaac smiled and placed Riolu gently on the bed. His eyes opened lazily as his body lay on the bed.

"Get some rest," Isaac told him and covered him up with the blankets. Riolu chirped in reply and passed out. Isaac smiled and left his little hero to sleep.
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

Dark Coins : 415

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Beginings of a New World

Post by Phoenixian on March 23rd 2011, 3:38 pm

I love the story! Keep it up!
Phoenixian

Dark Coins : 232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on March 23rd 2011, 4:58 pm

Thanks... It's fun to sit in class, not pay any attention, and write all day!!! although this chapter took 4 days to write, I'm partially through the second chapter right now. who knows when ill get that one up, seeing i have two exams coming up, back to back.
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on March 23rd 2011, 5:31 pm

Hope to see it soon! I'm writing a pokemon story at this moment!
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on March 25th 2011, 7:59 am

The Morning after

Riolu's eyes snapped open. A large arm had wrapped around his body and held him close. Riolu placed both paws on the arm and lifted it up. Quickly moving, he dashed out from underneath it and set it back down again. Looking up, his master's peaceful face was enough to make Riolu want him up.

Riolu sat in front of Isaac's face and took an eyelid in his paw. Slowly, Riolu opened the eye , letting the green eye take a good look at it's Pokémon. A soft groan came from deep in Isaac's throat. Riolu chirped with Isaac grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him closer to Isaac.

"Good morning my little Rascal!" Isaac said in a happy tone. "How are you feeling this morning?" he asked his Riolu. Riolu hadn't forgotten about the battle last night, but he was going to live with it.

"Are you up, boys?" the little old lady called from downstairs.

"Yes ma'am," Isaac replied. "We'll be right down." Riolu hopped off of Isaac and sat on the edge of the bed while he watched Isaac pull on a fresh blue and white plaid button down shirt and tie his shoes.

"Come on bud," Isaac said as he waved for Riolu to follow him. Together they walked downstairs. The living room looked like a heard of Tarouses had marched through. Feather were scattered every where and several pieces of furniture had been overturned. Myrtle was starting to clean it when she noticed the boys coming down the stairs.

"There are my little heroes," she said proudly. Riolu dashed down the stairs and hugged Myrtle's leg.

"Oh, well!" Myrtle chuckled, "Good morning, young Riolu." Sadness struck him and he started picking up the feathers he had knocked out of the Pidgey.

"I'm sorry for the mess," Isaac apologized. Myrtle stopped cleaning for a second and looked at him.

"If you hadn't been here, they would have made an even bigger mess," Myrtle explained. "So, really you saved me from cleaning it up in the end." Myrtle laughed heartily. Isaac smiled and watched Riolu pick up all the feathers. Not knowing what to do with them, he tried to give them to Myrtle.

"Are those for me?" she asked in a childish voice as she took them from Riolu. Riolu handed them over, shrugged his shoulders, and began tipping the furniture to their right position.

"Helpful little fella, isn't he?" Myrtle said, waving the feathers to Isaac.

"I think he feels guilty for destroying your living room," Isaac explained. Myrtle smiled and patted Riolu on the head.

"I'll make you guys some breakfast," Myrtle said and strolled to the kitchen humming. Riolu finished pushing over the furniture and picked up a couple of loose feathers. Deciding this was good enough, Riolu handed the feathers in his hand and faced the kitchen.

"Riolu and I are going out for a morning walk," Isaac called.

"Alright!" Myrtle replied. Isaac smiled as he unlocked the door and stepped outside. The morning sun was peaking over the buildings in Eterna City. The dew on the grass was starting to fade in the morning heat.

"Lets let the others stretch their legs too," Isaac suggested. Riolu chirped as Isaac took out tow more pokèballs and released the Poochyena and Trapinch. The Trapinch looked around cautiously while the Poochyena sat on the ground and scratched his ear. Poochyena stopped for a second and looked around. As soon as he spotted Riolu, he got into a pouncing position and sprang for the unsuspecting Riolu, pinning him to the dirt. Riolu cried for a minute before Poochyena let him up. Looking down Riolu noted the tan dirt that had dusted his fur. Softly growling, Riolu gave a spring attack to the smug Poochyena.

Isaac watched his Pokémon fight playfully while the Trapinch sniffed the dirt. Opening it's large jaws, the Pokémon took a large bit out of the dirt. Instead of stopping with one bite, the Trapinch continued to burrow deep into the Earth.

"Trapinch? What are you doing?" Isaac giggled as he leaned in closer to the hole. He could hear her dig deeper and deeper in the earth. In the background, Isaac heard the growls coming from the two dogs. Deep in the hole, Trapinch scratched at various roots, nibbling here and there.

"Isaac," Myrtle called from the house door. Isaac looked up from the Trapinch hole to the old lady in the doorway.

"Breakfast is almost done," she cheerfully said. Poochyena and Riolu stopped rolling around on the ground for a second and looked up.

"Okay, we'll be in, in a second," Isaac replied as he pulled out the Net ball. Myrtle nodded her head and shut the door to the house again. Isaac peaked his head in the Trapinch's hole. He could hear her munching on roots deep with in.

"Trapinch, Return!" Isaac told her as a flash of red touched the Trapinch and pulled her into the ball. Looking up, Riolu had already dusted himself off, and had started to brush the dirt from Poochyena's fur. Isaac reached down and brushed the final patched off before heading to the house. Respectfully, Riolu and Poochyena followed after their master into the house.

Bacon smells filled the living room air. Isaac could faintly hear it popping in frying pans as he entered the kitchen. Two frying pans were set up on the stove. One was full of bacon and the other had four eggs frying inside of it.

"Smells so good," Isaac observed as he sat down at the table. Smiling, Myrtle pushed two pieces of bread in the toaster. Quickly, she grabbed a short glass from the cupboard and set it in front of Isaac.

Isaac watched her every move. She seemed to have down this most of her life. He smiled up to her as she grabbed the orange juice from the refrigerator and poured it in his glass. Suddenly, the toast jumped from the toaster and Myrtle served the rest of his breakfast.

"Thank you," Isaac said as he took a quick sip of the juice and ate his breakfast by himself. Riolu sat on the ground and looked at his paw. Myrtle smiled and picked up a buttered piece of toast. Quickly, she handed the Riolu the piece of toast. Looking down, she saw the Poochyena scratching at his ear with his back paw. She knew a few pieces of bacon wasn't going to be enough for him. Reaching for the fridge, she opened the door and searched for last night's roast beef. Quickly, she cut off a piece, put it on a paper plate, and set it in front of Poochyena. Something inside of her was telling her, she was missing something was missing.

"Oh, has your Trapinch had anything to eat this morning?" Isaac finished chewing his food and swallowed.

"Yes," he replied. "She's nibbled on some nibbled on some roots in your front yard," Isaac admitted. Myrtle ignored the fact that her lawn maybe missing a patch of grass, but she focused on her guests being full and ready for their day.

"Call that little girl out here. Let's get some breakfast in her belly!" Myrtle sang. Smiling, Isaac wiped off his fingers on a napkin before he released Trapinch from her pokèball. Slightly confused, she turned around in a circle before she noticed Myrtle with a bowl of berries. Trapinch hissed happily and caught a berry that Myrtle had tossed in the air.

Together, the four of them finished their breakfast. Isaac leaned back in his chair and looked at his Pokémon. Poochyena lay on the ground licking his lips, Riolu stat with his back against the table leg and Trapinch lay on the ground with her eyes lazily opening and shutting.

"Well, Myrtle, that was absolutely delicious, thank you," Isaac paused, "for everything." Myrtle began to blush.

"Thank you. If it wasn't for you, I might still be cleaning a mess from those thieves last night," Isaac's smile melted away as he reached for the last of the orange juice in his glass.

"Who were those men last night?" he asked. Myrtle sighed as she set the empty berry bowl in the sink and started to fill it with warm dish water.

"They're a bunch of thugs who 'collect' protection money from homes in Eterna and the surrounding country side," she explained. Isaac paused for a minute.

"Well, what do you need protection from?" Isaac questioned even further.

"As far as I know, the only thing we need protection from is them," she giggled.

"Would you like me to stay here and help you?" Myrtle shook her head and turned to the young man.

"My dear boy, you have your life ahead of you. Besides, I have Ziggy to protect me," softly she giggled to herself, "When he wants to behave." Isaac smiled, but was still not enough to convince him. He also knew she probably wouldn't have him stay with her anyways. Smiling, Myrtle looked up with a shocked expression.

"Oh dear, look at the time! It's almost 11!" Smiling even harder, Isaac got the hint and left the table right away. Riolu and Poochyena got up to follow him while Trapinch softly snored to herself.

Reaching his room, he folded his shirt form the day before and tucked it in his bag. Finally swinging the bag over his shoulder, he looked to his two Pokémon.

"Ready to go?" he quickly asked. Riolu chirped while Poochyena barked; both nodding their heads. "Alright, let's go," Isaac said as he marched down the stairs. Myrtle quietly hummed to herself as she cleaned up the kitchen. He knew she would never take any money directly from him, so he decided to put the money under his plate she hadn't picked up yet. After he safely hid his money, he cleared his throat. Turning from her sink, she smiled.

"Ready to go?" she asked cheerfully.

"Yes ma'am," he said and attempted to hand her even more money. And just as he predicted, she refused to take it.

"No, you've done enough already. Just promise me you'll come back someday," she told him sternly.

Isaac nodded his head, "I will."

"Good boy! Off you go then, have fun!" Myrtle called. Isaac smiled as he called back his sleeping Trapinch and left the small home.

Giving it much thought, he knew he would need supplies for himself and his Pokémon. Quickly, searching, Isaac found a shop and stepped inside. The walls were lined with products and three aisle shelves were stuffed with medicines. Near the entrance of the store, a small counter was placed with a middle age man working at the counter.

"Good morning," the shopkeeper smiled.

"Good morning," Isaac replied politely. The store reminded him of the shop back home. Quietly, Riolu and Poochyena followed behind their master.

Isaac nosily poked around, looking for things. Casually, he picked up several potions, antidotes, paralyze heals and a couple of awakenings. Towards the end of the store, Isaac spotted for both humans and Pokémon. After grabbing several minor food staples, Isaac needed one more thing, sleeping arrangements. Looking around, Isaac spotted a section just for him, 'camping'. Choosing a tent big enough for him and his Pokémon and a warm sleeping bag, he knew he would be set for the next two or three days.

As Isaac approached the check-out counter, the shop keeper looked up from his computer and smiled, "Are you ready to go?" Isaac nodded his head and set down his arms full of stuff. Quickly, the shopkeeper rang up his customer. "$7465," he said as he rang up the last product. Isaac looked down to his money and handed him $8000.

"$535 is your change. Have a great day," the shop keeper told Isaac with a smile. Isaac moved quickly to get all of his items into their appropriate spots in his bag.

"Come on guys," Isaac said as they exited the store and to the bright city. Together the three adventurers headed to the northwest into the new surprises to this wild adventure.

Last edited by seaa-swix on April 6th 2011, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there was not title, title is important.)
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on March 25th 2011, 8:02 pm

Love this chapter just as much! I love your writing style!
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on March 25th 2011, 8:04 pm

thank you very much!! i have to like edit it like three times before i even attempt to like it
^^
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on March 25th 2011, 8:12 pm

My only thing is there are a few minor spelling errors, but I spell check like every 40 seconds and I still have spelling errors lol.
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on March 25th 2011, 10:00 pm

oops.... i try to, but i use Microsoft One note when i type, so it doesn't always catch the typos, but will tell me a word is incorrect when i know its right. Stupid computers, where would we be without them, right?
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on March 26th 2011, 9:22 am

We might actually be smarter because many people have become lazy and use the computer when they decide they don't want to think lol.
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 4th 2011, 3:46 pm

Sorry for the fact that i haven't posted any more to the story. Life has been a living hell for the past 2 weeks, so i'm doing my very best!! i swear!! i have a couple of pages written, but it's not enough!!! haha!
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on April 4th 2011, 7:32 pm

Ditto! I'm doing my best too lol. But no pressure, quality not quantity.
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 4th 2011, 7:34 pm

haha! thanks!!
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 11th 2011, 11:44 am

You again?

Isaac smiled as he listened to his Poochyena and Riolu chatting together as they traveled to the next town. Walking on the path was other trainers with their Pokémon back to Eterna City. Several trainers were lurking in the tall grasses next to the path, but one tiny trainer stood out from the rest. A young boy sat on the ground with a half painted canvas in front him. His black shirt was dotted with paint splatters of every color in the rainbow. His light colored jeans matched the paint flecks on his shirt. Seated next to him, a tiny Smeargle painted the field with his blue tail.

Isaac stopped for a minute to look at the young artist's work. The canvas had depicted a trainer standing before the space god Palkia. Isaac stared in awe for a moment, until the Smeargle looked up.

"What is it Razie?" the young boy said before turning around. "Oh!" he said in surprise. "I didn't hear you come." Isaac stepped back a little in response to his reaction.

"I didn't mean to interrupt, but that is an amazing piece you have there," Isaac said admiring the work of art. Modestly, the young boy smiled.

"Thank you," he said as he stood up from the ground. "My name is Eric," he said as he extended a small hand forward. Meeting this gesture, Isaac took his hand.

"Isaac. These are my Pokémon, Riolu," shyly Riolu waved a paw, "And Poochyena." Being the opposite, Poochyena barked friendly and started to pant.

"Nice to meet you. This is Razie, my Smeargle," Razie waved his paint push tail in the air, and continued on his field master piece.

"So, are you a Pokémon trainer?" Erik asked in curiosity before returning to his painting. Isaac nodded his head, and sat down on the ground. "Yeah, I just stared out," Isaac explained.

"Do you have any badges?" Erik asked as he picked up his brush, and stroked the canvas. Isaac frowned a bit and looked to his team.

"Not yet," Isaac replied weakly. Erik smiled and put more paint to the brush.

"That's okay," he chuckled. "Neither does my sister, and she's been at it for years," Erik said with a childish grin. His tone seemed playful.

"How old is she?" Isaac was curious. "And how long has she been a trainer?" Giggling, Erik set down his brush.

"She's 18 years old." Giggling even harder, he replied, "She started when she was 12." Busting out in full blown laughter, Erik began to roll around on the ground.

"I'd like to see you do better Picasso!" a female voice shouted from up the path. Erik's face became serious as his sister popped out of the brush. Brunette hair was pulled into a pony tail an was braided to her mid back. Her loose blue shirt met with tan Capri's and light brown tennis shoes. Isaac couldn't help but watch her every step. Following her was a Riolu with a bright pink bow tied around her head.

"Who's your friend, Erik?" she asked as she stopped behind her little brother. "Oh," she said excitedly, "It's coming along swell," she encouraged him.

"Joey this is Isaac," Erik waved from his sister to him. "Isaac, this is my sister, Josephina," Erik concluded. Quickly, Isaac stood up and extended his hand. Politely, she took his hand and shook it firmly.

"Nice to meet you Josephina," Isaac smiled.

"Joey," she corrected him, "And it's nice to meet you too," she said. The female Riolu peeked around her trainer's leg and looked to the other two unfamiliar Pokémon. The dog Pokémon looked around while the male Riolu looked at her curiously. Shyly, the female darted back behind her trainer's leg.

"So, where are you headed?" Joey asked. Isaac shrugged his shoulders and sat on the ground again.

"Where ever the road takes me I guess," he admitted cheeseily. Taking the hint, Joey took her Riolu in her hands and sat down on the ground. Slowly, she played with the bow. Smiling, Isaac asked, "Do you have any plans?" Weakly, Joey smiled.

"No, not really. Erik has already told you my life story," she said jeering to her younger brother. Smiling, Erik turned to her and stuck out his tongue.

"Well," Isaac paused as an idea struck him. "Would you like to join us? Maybe we can help each other?" Joey paused a second to think about it.

"Sure, why not," Joey replied. Erik spun to look at his sister with awe.

"Say what?" he squeaked.

"Why not? I'm sure dad won't care," Joey told him with assurance.

"Yeah right," Erik jeered. Smiling, Joey stood up.

"Don't believe me? I'm going to talk to him right now," She replied confidently.

"Would you…" pausing to think of a different way to say, 'I'm coming with you ,' "May I walk with you?" he said flustered. Smiling, she waved a hand, coaxing him to follow. Quickly, Isaac jumped to his feet and followed the young woman up the path.

"This is Roxia," Joey introduced her bashful Riolu.

"These are my Pokémon. I guess I never really gave them names," Isaac admitted. "I'm not that creative." Joey waved him off.

"Don’t worry about it. Some people don’t. Well, my dad doesn't," Pausing, she thought for a second, " don’t think mom did either. My grandmother did. That's why I name mine now." She explained. Roxia pulled at her master's pant leg and reached for her to pick her up.

"Is she your only Pokémon?" Isaac asked. Joey shook her head and picked up the begging Pokémon.

"Nope. I have a small Ralts named Starr. She's new to my team though," Joey replied as she touched the red and white ball on her belt.

"Well, that's cool. I also have a Trapinch, but I thought she would be better kept in her ball." Isaac explained. "And she's too heavy to carry," he said. Joey snickered for a moment.

For several minutes, they walked in silence until a small house came into sight. Two stories tall, the new-looking home stood with creative landscaping around the house. Seated on the porch was an older looking man and his Flareon. He wore a blue jean overalls and a light blue flannel shirt underneath it. In his hands were a small pocket knife and a small block of word, with small engravings.

"Hi Daddy!" Joey greeted the man. With steady brown eyes, he smiled to his daughter and her guest.

"hi Joey, who's your friend?" her said as he 'eyed' up the young man standing next to her. Smiling, Isaac extended a hand to her father.

"Isaac Justi, it's nice to meet you sir," Isaac said fully introducing himself. The Flareon raised his head from the porch to sniff the air, no doubt Isaac's scent. The old man put down his knife and shook Isaac's hand.

"The name's Craig Ripley. Nice to meet you," the gentle replied and continued to carve away at the wood block.

"Daddy, I want to try and travel again," she said proudly. Smiling her dad looked from the wood block.

"Do you now? With Isaac?" he questioned in a playful tone. Bashfully, Isaac looked to the ground. But the question didn't stop Joey.

"Yes Daddy, with Isaac," she said. Craig made a small noise in his throat before responding.

"Hmm, well," he said as he seemed to be thinking seriously about it. "I guess you may. You're an adult now, I technically can't stop you," he concluded. Joey's face lit up.

"Thank you Daddy!" she squealed. Turning to Isaac, she gasped, "I'll go and pack my thing." Isaac smiled and watched Joey dash into the house. Not too long after Joey was gone. Poochyena turned around and started to growl. Getting in tune so did, Riolu and the Flareon. Isaac turned around.

Down the path, Isaac could see Erik and his Smeargle walking. But they weren't alone. The same two thugs who attacked Myrtle had taken Erik hostage.

"Riolu, Poochyena," Isaac told them sternly. Craig stood up on the porch.

"Flareon," he whispered. As the bullies came close to the house, Isaac's nerves began to tense. It wasn't the same two whom he'd beaten before.

"Dad!" Erik shouted.

"Are you alright Erik?" Craig shouted back? The young boy began to weep, but he nodded his head, yes. "Let him go!" Craig demanded.

"This little runt?" the bully said taking the scruff of Erik's collar. "You'll have to pay for him."

"Oh, you'll pay. In pain!" Isaac shouted as he balled his fists. The two bullies chuckled heartily.

"Stand down boy!" The first bully shouted. Anger flared in his body as he looked to his Pokémon. They both looked up them with determination. Poochyena started to growl.

"Fine, if that's the way you want it!" the second bully growled. "Go Zangoose!" Reaching in his pocket, he pulled out the purple and red pokèball. Before them appeared a Zangoose. Poochyena stepped back a moment while Riolu stood proud next to his master.

"Go Absol!" the second Pokémon as he released a shiny Absol from its great ball. Her face was not of the normal grey shade, but of a dull red hue. It's claws looked like they had been stained with the blood of its victims. Crystal blue eyes attacked themselves to Riolu. Growling, Riolu looked like was ready to pounce.

"Absol, Sword Dance!" the second trainer shouted first.

"Riolu, Force Palm to Absol! Poochyena, you too! Tackle!" Isaac commanded.

"Zangoose! Quick Attack to Poochyena!" The first bully commanded.

Rushing, the Zangoose dashed across the front lawn and struck Poochyena in the head. Ignoring the attack to his partner, Riolu charged toward the Absol, who was preoccupied with a ritual. Three daggers seemed to float near her head and just as they made a complete revolution around, the daggers grew into full length swords. Moving past the swords, Riolu hit Absol in the chest with everything he had. It didn't seem to phase the Absol as Riolu stepped aside to let Poochyena run to Absol in full force. Suddenly, Poochyena leapt in the air and struck Absol's shoulder, only making her loose balance a bit.

"Good job boys," Isaac encouraged. "Riolu, Force Palm! Poochyena, Bite! Both of you, attack the Absol!" Isaac commanded.

"Absol, Sword dance again!" the trainer told her.

"Zangoose, Slash the Poochyena!" the first bully instructed. Riolu first charged towards Absol and hit her with a thud, followed closely by Poochyena who latched his jaw around the Absol's leg. But this didn't seem to hurt her again as she finished the Sword Dance ritual again. While Poochyena was in his range, the Zangoose retracted his claws and sliced through Poochyena's broad side fur. In pain, Poochyena yelped and walked awkwardly back to Isaac.

"Poochyena!" Isaac shouted. Once he was in Isaac's hands, Isaac took a potion from his pack and sprayed it on the open wound. Poochyena flinched in pain but then relaxed as the medicines affect healed him. "Ready to go?" Isaac whispered to Poochyena. Determined, Poochyena nodded his head. Grinning, Isaac set him on the ground with his teammate.

"Let's do this! Riolu, Quick attack on the Absol, Poochyena, Bite the Absol, Come on guys!" Isaac cheered.

"Absol, Quick Attack on the Poochyena!" The second trainer shouted with a grin.

"Zangoose, slash the Riolu." Riolu dashed towards the Absol, but before he got there, Absol was gone. She was faster and tossed Poochyena in th air. Landing hard on the ground, Poochyena groaned as all of his energy was gone.

"No, Poochyena!" Isaac shouted and dashed to his fainted Pokémon. It hurt Isaac to see his small dog unconscious on the ground. Growling to himself, Isaac reached for his Trapinch.

"Go Trap…" he started but just before he released her, a Flareon stood beside Riolu.

((Sorry it took so long to post that. I've had this written for a week, but it took me four days to type it out. sorry. O.o))
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on April 14th 2011, 9:12 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 17th 2011, 3:23 pm

thanks!! i'm working on the next chapter now! i totally have a great story line in my head!!! haha!!!
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 25th 2011, 12:59 am

A day in Town

"Flareon, Flamethrower to the Absol," Craig commanded. Smiling Isaac turned t his Riolu.

"Let's finish this!" Isaac shouted. Behind Craig and Isaac, the house door opened. Joey stood in awe.

"Daddy! What's going on here?" she asked analyzing the battle and she noticed her brother held captive. "Erik!" she squeaked.

"Joey, Isaac's Poochyena needs a revive," Craig demanded. Moving to Poochyena, she scooped him up and rushed him inside.

Knowing his Poochyena was in good hands, Isaac focused on the battle, "Riolu, Force Palm!" Isaac commanded with a smile on his face. With Flareon on his side, this battle wouldn't take very long. The trainers gave their commands, but it did them no good because Flareon struck the Absol with all the fire he had. The Absol shrieked in pain and sand to the ground.

"Absol, NO!" her trainer shouted. Riolu's smile turned into a smirk as he dashed to the last target. Fist drawn back, Riolu waited for the last second and struck Zangoose in the stomach, causing it to double over in pain.

"Good job, Riolu. Quick attack!" Isaac commanded once more.

"Bite that low life!" Craig told his Flareon. Being faster, Flareon sprinted to the Zangoose and latched his jaws around the Zangoose's shoulder. Not Far behind him, Riolu dashed to the Zangoose and ripped him from Flareon's grip and slammed him hard into the dir. The Zangoose didn't even have the energy to stand up.

"Crap, Zangoose!" it's trainer shouted.

"Fine, you win this one, but watch your back," the other said in a disgusted tone with a hint of threat. Remembering the rules of battling, he reached into his pocket and tossed Isaac money. "Let's go," he told his partner. Together they recalled their Pokémon to their balls and sprinted back to Eterna City.

"Erik!" his dad shouted. The small boy sprinted to the comfort of his father's arms. Isaac then realized his Poochyena was in the care of Joey.

"Poochyena!" Isaac said and dashed into the house. Joey sat next to the unconscious Pokémon, who was sprawled out on the couch.

"How's he doing?" Craig asked following Isaac in the house.

"Well, I gave him the Revive. He opened his eyes, but then laid back down," she explained.

"He's probably tired from the battle," Craig analyzed. Isaac knelt next to the couch and placed a palm on Poochyena's head. Knowing the touch of his master, Poochyena's golden eyes slowly opened and focused on his trainer.

"Let's get you to a Pokécenter," Isaac said and lifted his weak Pokémon from the couch.

"I'll go with you!" Joey volunteered.

"I will too!" Erik gasped. Craig nodded his head, hugged his son and opened the door for them. The mid-afternoon light invited them to travel.

"Hurry! I'll have supper done when you get back," Craig promised. Joey led out the door, followed by Isaac and Poochyena who was followed by Riolu and last Erik with his Smeargle trailing behind.

Joey and Isaac walked side by side, leading the way to Eterna with Erik trailing behind. Joey looked from side to side, taking in the last memories of this path for a while, while Isaac slowly petted Poochyena's fur. Walking this path again, Isaac felt like a fallen hero, but he had defended Erik with great efforts, which cancelled his feelings.

After several minutes of walking in silence, from behind, Erik started to sniffle. Joey turned around to see her little brother had been sobbing for quite a while. Wet lines covered his cheek bones and his eyes were red from the crying.

"Erik, what's wrong?" Joey asked as she sopped the three of them. Isaac turned around with a frown on his face.

Still sniffling, Erik looked to the ground and replied, "This is all my fault."

"How is this your fault?" Isaac asked as he knelt in front of the boy.

"Well," Erik paused and cleared his throat, "If I hadn't been caught by those two bullies, Poochyena wouldn't have.." Erik couldn’t even finish the sentence before he started to cry again. Joey wrapped her arms around her brother.

"There, there. It will be okay," Joey whispered in a motherly tone.

"Erik, Poochyena wanted to help you," Isaac said in an assuring tone. Erik didn't buy it, and sobbed all the more. Not sure what to do next, Isaac held Poochyena up. "Would you like to carry him the rest of the way?" Erik stopped for a minute and looked at him. "You can apologize to him yourself." Erik sniffled once more and took Poochyena in his arms. Joey smiled to Isaac. He looked into her rich brown eyes as they seemed to be smiling too.

"Let's keep going, shall we?" Isaac asked. Joey stood up and stared walking. Soon Isaac and Erick followed close behind. From there, Eterna City wasn't that far away. Quickly finding the Pokécenter, Isaac opened the door for the siblings as they stepped inside.

Not too many people were in the center, but whoever was there, a Pokémon was by their side. Approaching the front desk, the young lady looked up from her paper work. Red hair was braided down her back. Tiny freckles dotted her cheek bones under her brown eyes which studied the travelers.

"Can I help you?" she asked as she stood up. Isaac nodded his head and bent down to take Poochyena from Erik's hands.

"I need to heal my Pokémon please," he said kindly. The young receptionist smiled and held out her hands for the Poochyena. Placing him in her hands, he held up his index finger, letting her know he had one more. Looking around for Riolu, who he had forgotten about, was standing next to his master the whole time. The young receptionist peered over to catch a glimpse of Riolu's head.

"Riolu can come over here," she giggled as she pointed to a café door. Gracefully, Isaac nudged him toward the lady. "While you wait," she said as Riolu joined her, "You can use the internet over there on the computer," Isaac turned around and spotted the computer on a desk on the back wall of the building.

"Thank you very much," Isaac said cheerfully.

"May I take your name?" she said quickly, before they parted.

"Isaac Justi."

"Alright, great!" she said. "Your Pokémon will be feeling better in no time!" she said with a smile, and disappeared behind the wall. Isaac pointed toward the computer and followed the brother and sister.

Sitting down to the computer, Isaac logged on to his e-mail. Only three messages appeared, two advertisements and one from his mother. Dear Isaac,
I know it could be a while before you see this email, but I want to tell you I love you. I also want to let you know you don't have to come home every weekend, but make it home often!
I hope you and your Pokémon are doing well!
Love,
Mom

Smiling, Isaac had to respond to her. With a few simple clicks, Isaac was replying to her.

Dear Mom,

My journey is going well. Unfortunately, Poochyena needs some defense training. I also have some news, I have a new partner. Her name is Josephina. We will be traveling, and training together. So I hope we go far.

Don't worry, I will be home late this month!

Love your son,

Isaac David

Send. Nodding his head in approval, Isaac logged off and turned to his friends. Joey was playing with Erik's hair and Erik was staring at a spot on the floor.

"Hey, guys. Do you want to get something to eat for lunch?" Isaac questioned the two of them. Joey thought for a second and nodded her head.

"Sure," Erik growled.

"Mr. Justi?" the young woman called from behind the desk. Isaac looked up and crossed the lobby. "Your Pokémon are in fit condition," she smiled as she opened the small café door. Poochyena trotted out with his head held high and Riolu gracefully followed behind.

"Thank you very much," Isaac told her. Looking down to them both, "Are you guys ready?" Poochyena barked happily and Riolu nodded his head proudly.

"Alright, let's go!" Isaac said leading the troop out. Once outside of the Pokécenter, Isaac stopped because he didn't know where to go, so Joey took the lead. She seemed to know where she was going, so, he let her. After walking a couple blocks, Joey stopped in front of a little deli. Joey opened the door and a small bell attached to the door rang. Quickly a heavy set man stood up from under the counter. Menu boards hung from the ceiling at an angle that Isaac could read. Lots of options were listed, but he craved the could cut sandwich which had roast beef, smoked turkey, and a hickory smoked ham with provolone cheese, lettuce tomatoes and lightly covered in a mayo.

"I'll have the turkey sandwich," Joey told the deli man. The man looked down and wrote down the order. Next, he looked up to Isaac.

"I'll try your cold cut sandwich," Isaac told him, "But no mayo please," the man nodded his head and looked down to Erik.

I'll have the same as her, no tomatoes, or mayo," Erik finished.

The man nodded his head, "I'll have these done in a jiffy." Joey smiled and grabbed for her money.

"I've got this," Isaac demanded and pulled out his wallet before Joey had a chance.

"Are you sure?" Joey asked. Isaac smiled and nodded his head. In little time, the man had finished their sandwiches. Happily, he rang in his customers and Isaac paid the man..
"Have a good day," the man said as he handed over a brown bag with the sandwiches inside. Isaac smiled and distributed the sandwiches.

Seated at one of the tables in the deli, the three of them ate their sandwiches. Each of them handed bits and pieces of their sandwiches to their Pokémon. Poochyena gingerly took bites from Isaac while Riolu would take his pieces and nibble on them. But soon Joey couldn't take the silence.

"I can't wait for adventure to start!" she said in a cheerful town. Isaac nodded his head and finished his sandwich.

"Yes," he agreed. Thinking of his supplies, he wondered if she was ready. "Will you need anything before we head off?" he asked. Joey thought for a second.

"Yes, I will need some things for my Pokémon," she concluded.

"Well, then, let's get a move on shall we?" Isaac said standing up from their table. Joey and Erik followed Isaac's action and to the Pokémart.

"I'll be right back," Joey told them and stepped inside. Isaac and Erik stood outside waiting for her. Isaac couldn't help but watch Erik. He was holding his stomach and started looking pale.

"Erik, are you alright?" Isaac said as he knelt next to the boy. Erik silently shook his head and closed his eyes. Isaac gently took the back of his hand and felt his forehead. It was very warm to the touch. "We need to get you home," Isaac whispered. "Recall Razie," Isaac told him, slowly, Erik unwrapped his arms and pulled out the pokèball and, with a flash of red, Razie was safe in his ball.

"Come here," Isaac motioned to the boy.

Moving slowly, Erik stood before him. Isaac wrapped his arms around Erik and lifted him in the air. Joey didn't take long. The door to the shop opened and she glanced to the pair.

"Erik?" she quivered. "Are you alright?"

"I think he isn't feeling the greatest," Isaac spoke up for him. Joey took her hand and felt Erik's forehead, like Isaac had.

"Oh dear. Well, let's go home," she told them and started to head back to her home.

((sorry for any randome font problems, but i couldn't figure it out. Also, sorry that it took so SO long to post, but I had major writer's bloc.....))

Last edited by seaa-swix on April 27th 2011, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on April 25th 2011, 3:35 pm

Great chapter. Loved it!
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 26th 2011, 1:49 pm

Thanks!!! i think you're the only person reading it!!! haha!!!
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonartist713 on April 26th 2011, 5:16 pm

i have a time crunch ;^; but ive managed to read the first 2 chapters now. very good so far :3
its nice to see where issac is coming from for our group rp

I Am the Red Author | I Am the Red Artist
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess
dragonartist713
Head Admin Lady
Head Admin Lady

Dark Coins : 1036
Gym Badges :

View user profile http://darklair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 26th 2011, 11:45 pm

yes. its hard to play him because it doesn't seem like he fits the rp, but I'm doing my best to make him work.
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonartist713 on April 26th 2011, 11:47 pm

yes. hes not the worlds most steampunk male, for sure. but. i do think he has a place in the rp :3 he just hasnt quite found it yet

I Am the Red Author | I Am the Red Artist
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess
dragonartist713
Head Admin Lady
Head Admin Lady

Dark Coins : 1036
Gym Badges :

View user profile http://darklair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 26th 2011, 11:51 pm

haha!!! lols!!!! eventually he will find his place.
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by seaa-swix on April 27th 2011, 9:58 pm

All Set?

Isaac and Joey walked the path together talking about how Erik might have gotten sick. He had fallen asleep in Isaac's arms.

"It could have been the sandwich?" Joey suggested. Isaac shook his head.

"You ate the same sandwich, and your not sick," he noted. Joey nodded her head, agreeing because she felt fine. "It could be that he's just had that rough of a day," Isaac concluded. Joey smiled and softly touched Erik's cheek so she wouldn't wake him.

Soon, their house came into view, and Craig was rocking in his chair. He had made some progress in his figure as he happily carved away at it. His Flareon lay sleeping on the porch next to him.

Hearing the on coming foot steps, Flareon raised his head. Seeing his Pokémon move, Craig looked up and smiled.

"Welcome back," he said. Suddenly, he realized Erik was unresponsive. "What's wrong?" Joey spoke up as they reached the porch.

"He said he wasn't feeling well in town," Joey told him.

"So, I decided to carry him," Isaac finished. Craig nodded his head and stood from his chair.

"Let's put him to bed then," Craig said as he opened the screen door and the inside door for Isaac and Joey. "Will you show Isaac the way to Erik's room?" Craig asked Joey Smiling, she nodded her head, and lead Isaac, who had no choice but to follow, upstairs to the bedrooms. Luckily for Isaac's training and athletic skills, he didn’t grow tired but it was a relief to lay Erik in his own bed after Joey pulled back the covers for Isaac to lay Erik down. Next, Joey untied Erik's shoes and pulled them off. Finally, Isaac gathered the blankets in his hand and laid them over the tired boy.

"Get some rest," Joey told her brother and kissed him on the forehead. As she turned around, she saw Isaac standing in the doorway with his arms crossed, watching her and her brother. Shyly, she smiled back.

"My mother died shortly after childbirth with Erik," she explained softly. "He blames himself for everything," she whispered. "Even mother's death." Isaac hung his head.

"I'm sorry," Isaac said. "But of course it wasn't his fault," Isaac said, defending Erik. Joey nodded her head and crossed the room.

"No, she died of pneumonia. Having the baby stressed her immune system, and…" her face became solemn.

"Come," Isaac whispered as he wrapped an arm around her, like he had known her for years. Together they moved to the down stairs, where Isaac began picking up faint hints of tomato sauce. As they rounded the corner, they stepped into the kitchen.

In the center of the of the room was a hand crafted table, made of a very white wood. The chairs seemed to match the craftsmanship, yet they were, made from a different wood. Black grain wood with a cherry finish added elegance to the table. Placed on top of the table were three grass green plate and full silverware sets, which had been placed on top of paper napkins. In the center of the table were three dishes. One had the main course, which looked Italian, but Isaac wasn't sure. Next to that was a bowl full of golden kernels of corn and finally on a platter next to the main dish was what looked like buttered toast.

Isaac couldn't help but look around the kitchen in awe. Just like the table, the cabinets looked to be hand crafted. Their elegant faces matched the pattern designs on the table and chairs. Each cabinet gave a yellow glow, lighting the room. Placed on the counter was a forth plate and it's silverware, in which Isaac knew this had to have been Erik's plate.

"Please, sit down," Craig boomed. Isaac smiled gratefully, and sat next to him while Joey choose the seat opposite of him, yet next to her father. Not being shy, Joey took a serving spoon from the table, but before she stuck it in the dish, she reached up with her other hand and gestured for Isaac's plate. Willingly, he handed it over and she dished him a plate of the food. As he spotted the cheese and the noodles layered with the tomato sauce and meat, his mouth began to water for the homemade lasagna.

"So, Isaac, what is it your parents do?" Craig asked nosily as Joey handed back his plate.

"My mother runs a daycare for Pokémon," he said with a proud voice, "back in Oreburgh City." Joey gestured for her father's plate.

"And what of your dad?" Craig inquired. Isaac's stomach dropped.

"My father worked in the mines south of Oreburgh," he said with a shaken tone in his voice, one that Joey picked up on right away.

"Worked?" she questioned. Isaac hung his head.

"He was killed in the mining accident earlier this year," he said quietly. Craig looked to the young man.

"Isaac, I'm sorry," Joey whispered. "I didn't know." Isaac sat in silence for a while.

"It's alright," he whispered. "You didn't know." Joey hung her head and stared at her food.

"I share you pain," Isaac told her. "You lost your mother, and I lost my father," he concluded. Joey didn't smile, but she nodded her head.

Craig wanted to cheer up the dinner table. "Are you two excited for your adventures?" he asked playfully. Joey looked up to her new partner with a faint smile. Isaac returned her smile and picked up his fork. They ate together for minutes making small talk amongst each other, until they had finished their meal.

"That was excellent Daddy!" Joey told her father.

"Yes, sir, that was delicious," Isaac said as he set down his fork and leaned back in his chair.

"Well, thank you, both of you," Craig said as he stacked their plates on top of each other and stood up. He gently placed them in the sink. Slowly Craig cleaned the table off piece by piece. "And when do you intend on leaving in the morning?" Craig asked. Joey looked to Isaac with curious eyes.

"Um, I figure 9am will be the best time," Isaac told them. Craig nodded his head in approval. Joey relaxed in her chair.

"I have great feeling that the two of you will go far," Craig told them. "Isaac, the way you treat your Pokémon, you have the means to go far," Craig told Isaac in a proud tone. "Joey, you will learn so much from Mr. Justi here, I can feel it," he finished with a smile. Joey lowed her head and blushed while Isaac looked up to him with pride. "Now," Craig said as he took out a dish rag, "It's probably best if you two get ready to go to bed," turning to Joey once more, "I think the extra bed will be the perfect place for our guest to sleep tonight." Smiling, Joey nodded her head and stood from the table. Isaac then stood from the table ad followed Joey to the guest bedroom on the first floor. It was of plain nature. The bed frame was made of wood, the same craftsmanship from the rest of the wood in the house.

"Joey, I can't help but notice, the wooden fixtures are very similar," he noted.

"My father makes his career in wood work. He's made most of the furniture here," she explained. Isaac smiled and touched the bed post; it was smooth to the touch.

"It's beautiful," he complimented. Joey smiled as he set his backpack on the floor.

"Well, I'll see you in the morning then," she told him as she crossed the room to the door, "Good night," she said and she was gone. Isaac nodded his head and looked to Riolu and Poochyena, who had followed him into the bedroom.

"I think Trapinch deserves to sleep outside her ball tonight, don’t you?" Isaac said to his Pokémon, who were agreeing with him. Looking down, Isaac pulled out the last ball from his belt and pressed the center button. The orange Pokémon snapped her large jaws and stretched her legs. Smiling Isaac dug in his bag for a handful of berries for his hungry Pokémon, and she delightfully ate them.

As he got ready for bed, he kicked off his shoes and pulled off his shirt. Deciding everything was in order, Isaac sat down on the bed and softly fell deep in the bed. Smiling, Isaac patted the spot next to him. Riolu eagerly jumped up, followed by Poochyena. Trapinch looked up to Isaac with begging eyes; she knew she couldn't jump up to the bed. Giggling, Isaac leaned down and picked up Trapinch, then gently set her next to him.

"Alright, good night guys," Isaac said as he pulled the blankets back, and tucked his body underneath them. Riolu laid next to his master, while Poochyena and Trapinch lay at Isaac's feet.

Isaac didn't feel like he had gotten a lot of sleep that night, but he felt rested and ready for the day when he woke up at 6am the next morning. Riolu and the others were still sleeping, which meant he probably had an hour to himself. Quietly, he tied his shoes and pulled on his shirt from the night before. Gently, he tip-toed across the living room floor. Fortunately, no one was up yet, so he slipped out the front door. The sun was barely peeking over the ridge tops. The air was cold and brisk, but Isaac knew if he started running now, he'd warm up in no time.

As he started to pace himself along the path, he remembered running with his father in the early morning hours .Together, they both stayed fit, but once his father died, it was hard for Isaac to run alone, without breaking down and crying. Now, Isaac runs in memory of his father. As the sun began to show the light in the sky, Isaac decided to return to the house, before anyone noticed he was gone. Unlike before he left, a light was on in the kitchen. As Isaac opened the door, the faint smell of eggs greeted Isaac's nose and growling stomach. As he closed the door behind him, Isaac cluld hear the rustling of footsteps upstairs. Quickly, Roxia came rushing downstairs following by a Ralts and then Joey.

"Oh, good morning, Isaac," Joey greeted him.

"Good morning," he whispered.

"Joey? Isaac?" Craig called from the kitchen, "Will you come here please." Joey smiled to Isaac then swiftly walked to the kitchen. Craig was flipping a pancake when Isaac joined them.

"Yes Daddy?" Joey asked, alearting him that they were present. Quickly, Craig turned around and grabbed two plates from inside the oven. Each plate had two pancakes and two eggs.

"Eat up," he told them and set the plates down on the table in front of them. Joey sat down first, followed by Isaac. Together they ate quickly because they both had quite a bit to do before their departure.

Isaac spoke up as he was finishing, "May I ask if I can shower before we go?" Joey giggled.

"Of course you can," she said before she took her last bite of her breakfast. Taking her plate to the sink, she waved for him to follow. Finishing his last bite as well, he rushed to put his plate in the sink too and follow her.

The bathroom seemed to be the only room that didn't have a wooden fixture in it. The room was of light blue paint and white marble top counter and a full wall mirror. Smiling, Joey showed Isaac how to run the shower.

"I'll see in a half an hour," Joey giggled and left him. Going back to his room, Isaac kicked off his shoes and snatched a new change of cloths and his own towel. Looking up, he noticed all of his pokemon looking at him.

"I'll be right back guys, and then we're leaving," he promised and left to take his shower. Once he was done Isaac came back to his room and packed his belongings in his pack.

"Trapinch, Return!" he said as a flash of red consumed Trapinch back in her ball. "Ready?" Isaac asked Riolu and Poochyena. Both nodded their heads, jumped off the bed and left the room. Smiling Isaac followed them to the living room where Craig, Erik and Joey waited for them.

"Are we ready?" Joey asked.

"I think so," he said softly.

"Alright, bye Daddy. Bye Erik," she said as she gave them both hugs. Craig turned to Isaac and held out his hand.

"Good luck," he told Isaac.

"Thank you sir. For everything," Isaac told him and followed Joey of the house and to their new adventure.
seaa-swix
Poke-Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixian on April 28th 2011, 7:08 am

I like this story! Great writing and storyline! Very detailed!
Phoenixian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum